Friday, June 7, 2013

Michael's visit - Part 3/3 Videos!

Day 7 - Woke up late; still recovering from the hike. We drove up north and went to Secret beach and Queen's bath in Princeville. At secret beach we walked over to the lava rock pools and over to the waterfall. Then we walked back to the beach where Michael decided to jump in the (very big) waves. Queens bath was new to me too. It was a great little hike with a small waterfall on the way. Once you get down there were lots of big lava rock with some awesome waves crashing in on the rocks. Michael joined in with the locals and did a gainer! Check out these videos:


Day 8 - Last Day! We got up and went to watch the Koi pond feeding at the Marriott followed by brunch in Kapaa. After dropping off Kim and the kids, Michael and I went back down to the south shore to film turtles again. Apparently there is a HUGE swell coming in. We got out and saw a couple amazing turtles, but we quickly realized the rip tide was too much. We got back in quickly and safely, but had to walk a ways back to the car. But, we got some pretty sweet shots of the turtles, which is what we wanted before having to fly back home.
I think Michael had a pretty good time, I know I did; that was probably the most adventurous I've been since moving out here. We'll definitely miss living on such a beautiful island.

No comments:

Post a Comment