Friday, June 7, 2013

Michael's visit - Part 2/3

Day 3 - no big plans, just took things easy. Kim was being such a great sport while Michael and I had fun, we made sure she got to have some fun too. She went for a massage at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu, while Michael and I took the kids and drove around the south shore. We went to look at turtles, which we would see close up later, drinks at Bubba's Burger, and Spouting Horn. Then we walked around the Hyatt while Kim finished up. Then we all went up the Marriott and snuck into their big pool.

Day 4 - Michael and I drove up to the end of the road at the north shore and hiked the Kalalau trail to Hanakapi'ia beach and Hanakapi'ia waterfall. It was two miles to the beach, another two miles to the falls, and four miles back to our car. The hike was amazing and and the waterfalls were totally worth all the pain. I got a little dehydrated and was pretty miserable for an hour or two after we finished until I got some Gatorade.

Day 5 - had to recover from the hike. Still having lots of cramping and soreness. Drove to a couple quick waterfalls, Wailua falls and Opaka'a falls. Later we went to the Marriott pool again, this time we met some friends, and really appreciated the hot tub!!

Day 6 - Sunday morning we went to our church, Lihue Missionary Church. That morning we had a baby dedication for Anna Lynn and Emily Kamea. We all went up on stage including Michael. I prayed for us into the mic in front of the whole church. I was a little nervous, but it went well. Afterwards we went south again to Poipu. Michael got in the water and saw one turtle but the camera wasn't pointed in the right direction. We went to Poipu beach and walked out on the peninsula and got to see one turtle and one Hawaiian monk seal on the beach. It was a pretty good animal viewing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment