So Will got 3 shots: one in the right thigh and two in the left. We gave him some baby Tylenol before we started so that it would help with the soreness afterwards, but the needles were still pretty hard to take: for Will and for us. He started crying after the first one, and really started wailing after the second two. Then I looked over at Kim and she was crying also! He actually did pretty good after a few minutes and went to sleep while sitting in his car seat. It wasn't until the Tylenol wore off 4 hours later and he started to get really upset that it started getting rough for me. He wouldn't stop crying, even with eating and it didn't get better until the second dose of Tylenol kicked in. Having your child suffer and not being able to console him is really tough.
This is after we got home from the doctor's office. You can almost tell how upset we were.
Oh, what a sweet little baby! I wish I could hold him. It is hard to watch them hurt, but I try to remind myself how blessed they are to be spared such serious diseases.
ReplyDelete-Jen
Poor Will! Shots are the worst. Matthew, I posted the skiing pics on our blog. Wish you could be here! We miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteI can tell you that it gets better! Each time Ethan gets shots he does better and better. The last time (9 months) he didn't even cry!
ReplyDeleteI think it's harder on Mom and Dad sometimes :)