Sunday, January 24, 2010

Updates and an attempt at Mobile Posting

So I am continuing my run here at the VA, posted up in the ICU; saving lives, etc - j/k ;)
The hospital's backup generator has apparently been on the fritz and over the last few days the power in the ICU has been flickering on and off --- NOT a good thing when you have patients on ventilators! (When a machine is breathing for you, you want to have reliable power source)

So the VA wised up and shipped out all of the vent patients to other hospitals. So basically all the really sick patients are to be diverted elsewhere. Right now I'm in the call room, enjoying NOT getting calls every 5 minutes. And it's Sunday, and since this and most govenment institutions shut down for the weekend except for the bare bones staff. Hopefully things will remain quiet for the duration of my 24-hour call, I can get some rest and get home early tomorrow morning.

The computers here are very restricted; I can't hook my phone up to them to upload pictures. Also texting pictures costs money with MMS, so I'm going to try to email pictures directly from my phone. This should be possible to do, and free, so we can give it a shot. Most of the pictures I'll try to upload/email will be shots Kim has sent to me while I've been on call up at the hospital. Here goes - keep an eye out for future posts (hopefully soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment