Monday, April 23, 2012

The Colburns Visit

So I added I-phone pictures here and there when the Colburns were here, but I never actually put together a post.  So here it is, better late than never.  We had a GREAT time and miss "the cousins" as Will calls them.



 Mary and Will were instant buddies.

 We got a sitter and went to a restaurant at the Marriott for delicious desserts.  Todd "accidentally" stepped in the background of this pic :)

 Yum!  I had macadamia nut pie and delicious coffee!

 Aunt Jen with the baby cousins at Kalapaki Beach.

 This is the Kilauea lighthouse on our way to the north shore.

 Watching VeggieTales with the cousins.

 Jen and Todd took a drive to the west side to see the beautiful Waimea Canyon.

 Hank got in some reading time in our backyard.

 The boys got to drink out of a coconut they bought at Tunnels Beach.  There was a guy with a machete, who cut off the tops and served them up with a straw.  When we got home, Jack wanted to open it up and see the inside.  We got to eat delicious coconut!

We went to an Easter egg hunt at the hospital where Matt works.  We got there late and the kids only got a few eggs between them.  But the Easter Bunny totally redeemed himself when Jack found the "Golden Egg". It contained a gift card to Jamba Juice!!


 Baby girls at the beach.

 The boys got shark's tooth necklaces for their souvenirs.

 Egg hunt.  Every time Will is making this strange face, it's because he's saying, "Cheese".

 Wailua Falls

 The handsome couple at Opaekaa Falls  :)

 Silly boys.  Just before this picture was taken, we stopped at a Shell station to fill up.  I went inside with Mary to take her to the bathroom.  As we stood in line, a customer walked in and asked me if he could buy Mary some candy.  A little leary, I said thank you, but you don't need to do that.  He insisted saying, "Please let me buy her something.  It's Saturday and it's part of my religion."  Not sure what religion requires you to purchase candy for little girls on Saturday, but I figured what's the harm?  He walked us around the store, throwing tons of candy, ice cream bars and juice into a bag.  He spent  $20 on treats!  She shared her stash with everyone.  Actually, Matt and I are still trying to finish it all!


 The beautiful Wailua River

 Mary got a hula skirt from the Easter Bunny!

 We went to the Marriott one morning to watch them feed the fish in the Koi pond.  Afterward, the kids got to feed them too.  Then, the boys found tadpoles!

 We had dinner one night at Duke's Restaurant, one of our favorite spots on the beach.  The kids got to drink out of a pineapple!

 Another tadpole

 Will got to take a turn drinking from the pineapple.

 Sweet Sara in her Hawaiian dress!

 We walked around the Hyatt Hotel lobby and saw a parrot.

 Outside of Duke's.

 The Easter Bunny also brought sparklers!


Here's our last picture of the Colburns on their way out of town.  We miss them so much!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of really great pictures! What a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making me a little sad. We had so much fun! Thank you for posting this and for your hospitality. We love you all and miss you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love it! I'm so thankful that you all got to be together!!!

    ReplyDelete