Saturday, October 30, 2010

William's First Birthday!

Hey everyone! We have a lot of pics to post this time. We visited a pumpkin patch a few weeks ago, I took William to Forest Park to take some fall pictures, and we celebrated his first birthday last Thursday!
Here is Will right after the pumpkin patch with our neighbors. We took off his pants because it was so hot outside!



We went to Eckert's Farm in Illinois. It was beautiful! You can pick your own pumpkins and apples. We had lots of fun.









I promised Stefanie about a month ago I'd post my fall table decor, so here it is! I got the leaves and candle from a garage sale (Pottery Barn!) and already had the glass vase.

Go Sooners!
Here is Will at Forest Park posing for some fall pics.
This one's my favorite!
Well, our little boy is officially ONE! We had a birthday party Thursday night with a few of our friends and neighbors. William was a good boy during his party and he got to stay up until 9 o'clock, two hours past his bedtime! We had several older kids at the party so we played "Pin the nose on the pumpkin", "Hot pumpkin", and we had a pumpkin pinata.













Miss Niblick, our neighbor who we think is close to 90 got to come! She was really excited:)
We were really surprised that he didn't devour his cake! He only took a couple of bites and then he was done!








Playing pin the nose on the pumpkin.

I'm happy with the way the cakes turned out. There is a cake supply store close by and the ladies there really helped me out a lot. I really like that you can rent their pans for $3/day so you don't have to buy a new birthday pan each year



4 comments:

  1. I wish we could have been at Will's party! The cakes are beautiful. I'll bet he had fun with all the attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of your cake-making skills! They look like you paid a professional! Amazing. I love the pics of Will carefully sampling the icing. So much for the "smash cake" being smashed much. :) His little ghost shirt is cute and I can't believe how much those two front teeth have come in since I last saw him. I can't WAIT to see him this next weekend! Happy 1st, little Will! love you guys, t

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party! Great job on the cakes! Wish we could have been there. Love his little forest ranger look at the pumpkin patch! And I love your centerpiece! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, guys! Wish you "sisters" could have been there!!

    ReplyDelete