Sunday, August 15, 2010

Grandma Tracy, a New Tooth and Pantry Shelves!


Grandma Tracy came to visit us last week! We had such a good time and William absolutely LOVES his grandma! She brought lots of fun new toys including a puzzle, new books, cute clothes, a bathtub wind-up toy and a sippy cup with his name on it! We visited the zoo, went out to eat and I got a facial while grandma watched the baby. It was such a treat!!
I just realized we took most of our pictures with Matt's phone and grandma's camera, so I'll post more as soon as Matt gets home from work:)
This was taken just after Tracy arrived and Will is playing with his presents. While she was here, Will got sick. He had a fever of 103.5 one night. We knew he was teething, but this was obviously more than the slightly elevated temp you see with cutting new teeth. We were pretty scared because he's never had a fever that high. We called our pediatrician and she said to come in if it stayed elevated for 3 days or more. On the third day, his fever broke and he started acting like himself again. We think it must have been a virus. Grandma Tracy recommended giving him apple juice and he loved it! He's been drinking from his fun new cup, below.
Matt installed new shelving in our pantry this week. I have so much more room now for bargains, I'll have to ramp up my shopping:)






Here are the new shelves before Matt put them together. Will had lots of fun climbing on them!




Here's a new puzzle from Grandma Tracy. There are pictures on the opposite sides of the letters of different things that start with that letter. So fun! Will is munching on a new teething ring from grandma, too!

Will's new favorite thing to do while I'm cooking is play in the cabinets. Matt installed child-proof locks on all of our cabinets, but I open this one and remove the glassware so he can play. It keeps him occupied for a long time so I can make dinner! He also loves the dishwasher. As soon as I put down the door, he makes a bee-line for it. If I'm just quickly putting something in, he cries until I open it again. He likes to "help" me load it up. Just after the picture below was taken, he got stuck inside and started crying, so I had to rescue him.





Aunt Jen requested a picture of Will's new tooth. He started cutting a tooth a few weeks ago and we noticed it peek through his lower gums about a week ago. It's on the bottom, right in front:)

3 comments:

  1. So sorry Will had a virus. Glad he's all better though! That is the cutest laugh I've ever heard. Yea for the first tooth!

    Love the action shots in the cabinet. Samuel loves the dishwasher too. He would rather unload than load though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! Will unloads just as fast as I can load. He also unfolds laundry as fast as I can fold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Yes, the other day I was folding clothes straight out of the dryer and Samuel was reaching for a shirt way in the back and fell in! Then he thought it was funny and kept trying to do it again. At least life is never dull with these silly boys!

    ReplyDelete