Thursday, March 25, 2010

More Bargains!!





We got some more bargains this week! William is an excellent shopping partner. As you can see, he is excited too about the deals we found today. The below groceries cost $41.05. Regular price would have been $103.38 for a savings of a little over 60%. This is a little higher than we usually pay, but I paid extra for the whole grain bread and didn't have coupons for the mexican food. I wanted to make an extra special mexican dinner tonight, so I splurged a little!

I am trying to keep our budget at $40 per week for groceries and toiletries. If I go over one week, I try to pull back the next week. That way, if there is an especially good sale, I can spend a little more in order to save more. This week we've already spent $70. I really stocked up on chicken breast (see below) because it was $.99 per pound!! I've never seen chicken breast this low! When an item is at a rock bottom price like this, I stock up. That's why you'll see large quantities of one item. When I store large quantities of sale items, I end up never paying full price for anything :)


2 comments:

  1. Great deals! I can't wait to get back into bargain hunting. Now that we have a pretty good pantry built up to get us started we're starting up the deals again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! That chicken will be great on the grill now that it's warmer. Will made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete